01 Apr Keeping Up Your Healthy Routine
Join Eoin Fallon as he goes on his short walk all the way from Co Meath. He has some great practical tips on staying healthy on a daily basis whilst also adhering to the HSE guidelines.
- Don’t forget to send on your photos from your own walk.
- Share by emailing your images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get some fresh air even if it’s only from your back garden.
Put your phones down and do some exercises.
Let’s bring mindfulness into everyday activities!
MORE ADVISE ABOUT HEALTHY ROUTINE FROM HSE
Your routine may be affected by the coronavirus outbreak in different ways. But during difficult times like this, it’s best if you can keep some structure in your day.
It’s important to pay attention to your needs and feelings, especially during times of stress. You may still be able to do some of the things you enjoy and find relaxing.
For example, you could try to:
- exercise regularly, especially walking but keep within 2 kilometres of your home
- keep regular sleep routines
- maintain a healthy, balanced diet
- avoid excess alcohol
- practice relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises
- read a book
- search for online exercise or yoga classes, concerts, religious services or guided tours
- improve your mood by doing something creative
Find out more information from the HSE website: https://www2.hse.ie/wellbeing/mental-health/minding-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html