08 Apr Retail Sales – How to shop safely during Covid – 19
Stay safe and go to the shops as little as possible
Some tips to shop safely
- Clean your hands when you enter the shop, either with your own sanitiser or, if available, that provided by the shop.
- If using a basket or trolley to shop, clean its handle – Shops should have sanitiser at entrance of shop to do this.
- Try to not touch your mouth, nose or eyes while shopping.
- Keep a safe physical distance of 2 metres from all other shoppers and staff – this includes going into and out of the shop
- Avoid staying in the shop for any longer than you need to.
- Make a contactless payment. The contactless payment limit has increased from€30 to €50.
- Clean your hands on leaving the shop – Use your own sanitiser or use one if provided by shop.
- Always make sure to wash your hands when you get home.